The APG Education Centre is now offering an in-depth 4-day Biamp technical training
course for Audia. For this Biamp-approved course, the classroom has been closely
modelled on the training facility at Biamp headquarters in the U.S. and, upon course
completion; each student will receive Audia Certification. At the APG Education
Centre, each student is supplied with a workspace, control surface and a dedicated
AudiaFLEX to connect to. Each participant will have sound sources and monitoring
to test their individual designs. This allows each student to become proficient
in system connectivity, programming and fault finding, while giving comprehensive
hands-on experience. The local and overseas instructors are audio professionals
who have extensive field experience with Biamp products. This ensures the training
is both current and relevant to the needs of technical sales people, designers,
technicians and programmers working with Biamp products. Instruction will be in
a group as well as individualised.
The purpose of the Audia Certification
course is to train the participant to use Audia as a complete solution to audio
systems design, control, and processing of audio signals. Special emphasis is placed
on the features that make Audia unique in the industry. The targeted outcome is
skill development so that each participant can return to their job and perform with
Audia at all levels, from designing to final commissioning of the project. The varied
approach of lecturing, guided designing, as well as hands-on exercises and design
projects will satisfy a range of learning styles and expectations. Upon satisfactorily
designing an Audia system to specification, each participant will receive an Audia
Certificate of Achievement, endorsed by Biamp. This accreditation certifies the
bearer to be a trained professional BiampAudia installer and programmer, allowing
them to supply and install Audia projects. Evaluation is part of the training process.
The evaluation process is informal. Each participant will be required to:
- Design and display their design to the class;
- Design to a provided specification, create a control screen in daVinci and demonstrate
to the class.
This course is designed for those audio professionals who want to become Audia certified and those who are already certified but want to know more about AudiaFLEX, AudiaEXPI and EXPO, AudiaSOLO and Fusion as well as new software and enhancements.
Those intending to attend the course should meet the following prerequisites: Have
a fundamental understanding of audio systems and how they work, including: interconnection
of equalizers, mixers, amplifiers etc. differences between microphone level and
line level signal processing and signal flow Be involved in the design of audio
systems in your company, or Be involved in the installation of audio systems in
your company, or Be involved in specifying audio systems in your company Have a
desire to learn and maximise the educational opportunity.
Participants must bring their laptop computer equipped with Microsoft Windows
XP,Vista or 7 Pro. The laptop needs to have a 10/100 MB network interface card and an external mouse.
Audia Certification Course Outline
- Introduction and Overview of Audia Products
- System Design, Navigation through software
- Selecting, Customising and Storing processing blocks
- Tagging, tracking, identifying and documentation
- Connecting, network issues, updates and changes
- Compiling, loading and updating files
- Presets, passwords User interface and methods of control
- Audia remote controls, set up and applications
- Control using Audia Text Protocol, RS-232, Telnet
- Special processing features, Room Combiner, Custom Blocks
- Telephone Interface, Acoustic Echo Cancellation
- Distributed DSP, CobraNet and multiple device designs
- Logic Gates and expanded control
- Custom Blocks
- Special processing demonstrations
- Personal project design
- Evaluation: Design to a spec, create a daVinci control screen
- Personal project demonstration and rationale
The Audia training course is provided to approved candidates at no cost to existing
or future Biamp customers. The training is an extensive 4 day course intended to
equip experienced sound engineers, contractors, system designers and integrators
in the design and implementation of Biamp products. Whilst there is no charge, the
training is extremely valuable and attendees are expected to be suitably qualified
and prepared to invest the time and effort to develop their skills with this leading
- Lodging for interstate, international and participants from outside of Sydney each
day of training; this includes the night prior to training day one (conditions apply).
- Transport to and from Sydney airport will be via the hotel shuttle service.
- All meals and transportation during the training session.
- Materials required to complete the course.
- Not included: Attendees are responsible for their own round-trip transportation
to and from Sydney.
Terms and Conditions
is simple. Click on the green register button on the right hand
side of this page, choose your class and fill in your
Please be sure to register far enough in advance of your preferred course date to
allow sufficient time to make your flight reservations or travel arrangements. You
will receive a registration confirmation from the Training Coordinator well in advance
of the course. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Training
Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org .
Remember, seating is limited to 6 students per course and registrations will be
on a first-come, first-serve basis.
If you must cancel for any reason, please contact us at least 2 weeks in advance
so we can arrange to fill your reservation from our waiting list.
| Class Schedule